Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

A trio of Leisure Arts cards- watercolor, colored pencil and vintage Distress coloring

Hello Crafty Friends!

What a busy week it has been here on I'm a Little Teapot sharing projects for the FaveCrafts contest!  Today is no exception as I am sharing a trio of cards created using product from Leisure Arts and Xyron.  The card images are all from the Thank You Coloring Note Cards with Envelopes.
Thank You Coloring Note Cards with Envelopes (6 Pack) - Front Cover
The package contains two sets of three different note cards.  The first card created was the happily designed "Thank you so much" and colored using the 30 pack of Premium Coloring pencils.  I ended up carrying the cards and pencils in my purse so that I could color during break time at work.  Every day I looked forward to my break and finishing another bit of the card.
I played with the coloring to try to give some depth and pop to the details.  My favorite area of detail are the petals on the sunflower.  The same coloring technique was used in several areas on the card.
 After the card was completed, I cut the note card in half and mounted it onto a card base.


Next, I decided to try out watercoloring a note card.  (It is important to know that the cards are not made from watercolor or mixed media papers.  I knew this before I starting watercoloring as I had full intentions of mounting it onto card stock.)  Leisure Arts' 30-pack of Watercolor pencils were used on the card front.

The card came together quickly!  After the image was dry, I mounted it onto a large sheet of double sided adhesive tape and then matted onto a card base:

After finishing the two above cards I decided to try out a vintage inspired card.  The image was completely covered in Distress Ink (Antique Linen).  Next I took a watercolor brush and used various Distress Inks to color the image.  The plan was to have it look like a 1960's style print with colors reminiscent of the time period.  Here is a closeup of the leaves:

When the card front was completed I cut the image, distressed the edges and then applied more Distress Ink along the edges.  It was mounted onto a card base.

The finishing touch was a piece of vellum with a die cut "Hello" mounted.  The Hello die cut was made as a sticker using the Anna Griffin Create a Sticker by Xyron.  I have the larger Create a Sticker by Xyron so I am very familiar with the method.  I really like this little sticker maker!  Not only is it super pretty, but it is small enough to bring to crops and keep on your work surface.  It has a layer of plastic above your created sticker for ease of removing the small glue balls that sometimes appear.  (No more adhesive balls on your fingers!)  Here is an image of the wee unit (I have the darker patterned sticker maker):
Image result for xyron anna griffin make a sticker

The card was now complete and I was very happy with the results.  It looks so cool!
What a fun little card set this turned out to be!  And I was able to play with three different techniques for the different card images.  A perfect excuse to craft!  :)



A big Thank you to Leisure Arts for providing the cards and both sets of pencils.  Thank you to Xyron for the Create a sticker maker.
Leisure Arts



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I do hope you enjoyed the cards.

Have a happy, crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...