Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Graphic 45 Cityscapes mini-journal


Hello Crafty Friends!

Did you make any New Year resolutions?  Every year I make a few resolutions.  This year one of them was to save money for two trips.  In order to have a good understanding of my money and to find ways to save more, I decided to keep a money journal.  The concept is simple: I will keep track of all my spending and log it in my journal for at least a month.  Every cent is accounted for- whether it is my vehicle insurance or a drink from a vending machine.  (It sounds like a lot of work but it is worth it…and it works!)  For my journal, I wanted something that would inspire me and help me stick with the resolution. 
First, I started with a mini composition book.  It is a perfect size for my purse.
Next, I covered the front and back of the notebook with Cityscapes paper and added fussy cut images.  The Eiffel Tower image reminds me of a vacation we had in Paris.  The image did not have tape applied on the entire back side- an area was left “tape free” so that a tag could be slid behind the image. 
Stamps were applied along the edge.  The stamp in the middle is of Chicago which is one of the trips we plan in the next year.   
The back had more Cityscapes paper.  
Of course the Chicago skyline was a must on this journal.
The finishing touch is one of my favorite stamps from Quietfire Design, I dwell in possibility:
I Dwell In Possibility - Mounted
The stamped quote was fussy cut and adhered on top of the Eiffel Tower:
After all items were adhered, I applied Stickles at will.  :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I do hope you enjoyed this wee journal.
Have a happy, crafty day!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...