Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Graphic 45 Under the Sea mermaid card

Hello Crafty Friends.

My blog posts have been spotty as of late as not only because summer has been calling my name, but recently I switched craft room locations in my home.  My previous craftroom was in the "nursery" in our home.  It was a cute and cozy room that I enjoyed for several years.  But as time went on and my crafty supplies increased, I began to realize that it was too small to work well.  Many times I would craft on a small space on my floor due to lack of workspace.  Yes, I did several purges in the past year but I still lacked the room.  Last weekend I finally decided to switch the craftroom with the spare bedroom.  The process took over a day to do (in between walking the dog, running errands, etc) and now almost all papercrafting items are in the new room.  After the big move, my hubby and I went into the old craft room.  He asked what I thought we should do with the room.  I suggested to make it a walk in closet (it is not large enough to have a small bed for guests).  His response: "Hmm...I don't think we really need one.  How about you keep this room as extra storage for your craft supplies?"  Is it just me or is that just the sweetest thing to say?  My hubby really is a sweetie and I love how he supports my crafty passions.  (You are the best!)

Now that I am in my new space, my crafty juices have been flowing.  Since last weekend I have made five cards and a scrapbook layout!  The room is my new happy space and I hope you enjoy seeing the projects that will be created in that space.  One project I completed yesterday was a birthday card for a crafty friend of mine...
The card was created using Graphic 45's Voyage Under the Sea.  Oh my, what gorgeous and colorful papers!  The patterned pages provided many images to fussy cut
Impression Obsession's Shell Set dies were used to provide even more underwater embellishments.
The starfish die cut was left in the die and Imagine Crafts' Creative Medium in Iridescent Green (mixed with a drop of Peeled Paint Reinker) was applied.  The remaining amount of medium was lightly applied to the sea shell (see photo above).
After the layout was assembled, it was lightly spritzed with gold shimmer.  After drying, Stickles was applied to various areas such as the mermaid's hair.

The inside had more pretty patterned paper.  ECD's Stitched Rectangle die was used to create a space for writing.
The Voyage Under the Sea papers are stunning...and I think I will need to purchase another pad as I know the current pad will definitely be used!  Luckily there is space in my new craftroom for another pad.  :)
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a happy crafty day!
Big hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
MOJO Monday, Sketch 455
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
My Sheri Crafts, Beach or Seaside

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Who doesn't love Graphic 45 papers!! Perfect for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card. Love all the little intricate details. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of your hubby! Your card certainly comes from a happy place! How sunshiny and delightful! Love the shell embellishment die cuts. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! Isn't it great when you have a new place to craft! Love, love the inside of this card! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! and you used some of my favorite paper! Graphic 45 is just fantastic and so is your lovely, creative card! Thank you for sharing it's beauty with us at Word Art Wednesday!
    Blessings,
    Misty D.
    WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Very pretty card... lots of layering and details to look at

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card! I love that paper. :)
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...