Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Tim Holtz May 2016 Tag

 
Happy Monday Crafty Friends!

Today is a holiday in Canada- Victoria Day- which most consider the first official weekend of summer.  Yes, you can definitely feel summer in the air and in the soul.  Yesterday morning I woke up at 5am to hear some wee birds chirping.  What a great sound to wake up to!  I decided to take advantage of the early wake up call and play in the craft room for a few hours.  The Tim Holtz May Tag was dry (texture paste from the night before) so I finished the project.
The stencil used was TH's Gothic THS026.  (The stencil goes so well with the Paris stamps, dies and embossing folder set from Michaels.)  Originally I had used Distress in Salty Ocean, Abandoned Coral, Shaded Lilac, Antique Linen and Scattered Straw on the stenciled/stamped tag but I decided I did not like the colors after all.  A softer look was desired so I mixed Picket Fence Distress Paint with a small amount of Seedless Preserves.  After drying, Picket Fence paint was applied to the edges.  Beautiful results in the Gothic Stenciled areas!
TH Chit Chat stickers were adhered as shown and Gold Stickles along the edges as a sparkly frame.  Five shimmery half gems were placed in an arc to the right of the Eiffel Tower.
The flower and lace were dyed using Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.
Such a fun tag to make!  So happy that I tried the stenciled tag with not only the Distress Stains and Ink but also the paints.  Love learning new techniques!

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a happy, crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This tag is entered into the following challenges:
TH 12 Tags of 2016, May
Word Art Wednesday, AG

17 comments:

  1. Stunning tag!! Texture paste always adds such a wonderful dimension! Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog and I'm thrilled you chose to follow my papercrafting passion journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful take! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la!! This is totally gorgeous Kathy Jo! You're right - the stencil with paste and what you did with it works so well with the Paris stamps - truly a perfect match. The lace and flower are the perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag! Love the stenciling paste and the colors you used to create this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! This tag is so wonderfully layered. It's amazing in every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you take on Tim's tag! This is one of my favorites I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm so in love with your Tim tag.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So dreamy & romantic! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really wonderful tag! Congratulations on your win! Maria ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Kathy Jo! Awesomejob!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! I'm back to say congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! I'm back to say congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like how you combined the stencil and the stamped image under the tape. It is a deserved win for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what lovely colors and lacy look - perfect for your Eiffel tower! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has to be one of my all time favorites... beautiful work! Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...