Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Small Die Storage- Graphic 45 Upcycle project

Hello Crafty Friends!

Last night was our monthly Crafty Gals meeting and as always it was a fabulous time.  Until about two hours before the meeting, I was standing in our kitchen thinking about the meeting and that I had no clue what to work on.  Then, I started to think about my die organization in my craft room and how I have no efficient storage for my small dies.  It was then that I looked at the empty 48 count Fiber One box in my kitchen and the project idea was born.
Before heading to the meeting, I removed the cover of the box, adhered a piece of chipboard on either end (the ends have box folds to "smooth" out) and applied black Gesso inside and out.  At the meeting I brought many sheets of Graphic 45's Artisan Style papers, doilies, gold marker, pearls, and black flower ribbon.  The box was almost completely finished by the end of the meeting- this morning the green twine and buttons were added.  Admittedly, I would have loved to add more details and layering but lack of available surface space in my craft room means that the box had to take up the least amount of space as possible.

Here is the front iso view of the box:
Left side (love the peacock!!):

Rear iso view:

Right side (such a sweet looking home):
The box with a few of my dies inside.  Perfect fit!  And there is enough space for more dies...oh-oh...I think I just heard my wallet cry...
Thanks for stopping by!  I do hope you enjoyed the upcycled box.  And don't forget about the Tim Holtz Stencil Giveaway!

Have a happy, crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This project is entered into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Simon Says Stamp Monday, Upcycle

11 comments:

  1. Awesome Kathy Jo,they fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so rich looking with the DP and rich colors. I especially like what you did at the ends. Thank you so much for joining our 220th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your creation is inspiring and very beautiful. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great upcycling! I admire someone that can take a throw away item and make something both beautiful and useful from it. You have certainly done that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Very great upcycling project!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challange!
    Hugs Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous upcycle project!! It looks amazing!! I love how you decorated it!! The papers are gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy Jo - your upcycle project is fabulous! I also wanted to let you know about a few challenges if interested - Marks Finest papers Stamp Shop has weekly challenges [no longer have to sign in] - I now design for them - presently it is a Z-fold card [ each Friday is a new Theme] but on the 5th Friday of a month it is Anything goes - I enter these challenges as well: Sweet Stamps has a limit of 3 and has 2 challenges a month - your project will fit both of these challenges - anything goes and anything but a card - have a blessed week and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to recycle the box into a die holder! Love the way your decorated it! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and brilliant design! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project! I love up cycled, re-purposed designs! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...