Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Weekly Inspiration- "To create is to touch the spirit" mixed media playing card

 Hello Crafty Friends!

Last week I said I would share my resolutions for 2016.  The project today has to do with one of those resolutions: inspiration or crafty fun by transforming a deck of playing cards into a weekly project.  The idea is to take one playing card every week (52 weeks in a year and 52 cards in a deck) and transfer that particular card into a crafty project.  This week I thought I would start with an inspiring, crafty quote from Quietfire Design, "To create is to touch the spirit":
To Create is to Touch
The card transformed into a mixed media project using several mediums from cheese cloth, stencils (TH Flourish, Crafters Workshop Elegant Bracket and Rosetta), Inka Gold...
...Ranger Texture Paste, Dylusions sprays, TH Picket Fence marker "spritzed", gold glimmer mist...
 
...TH tissue tape, chunky metallic embossing powder, gold glitter embossing powder, gems and Distress inks.
 The project is bright, glittery and inspiring.  Very happy with my week 1 card.  :)
The rest of my resolutions?  I always have several each year and this year is no exception:
  • Only one soda per week.  I usually have one a day (Pepsi).  I know that it is not good for a healthy lifestyle so I decided to try to limit or kick the habit.  So far this year I have not had any.  Yay!
  • Save more money.  I have a goal amount in mind as my hubby and I are planning three trips in the next 13 months.  
  • Downsize.  Every month I will go through the house and get rid of 15 things.  This will not only reduce clutter but will also help me save money as every time I shop I will think "Will this be one of my 15 items I will get rid of in a future month?"
  • Lastly, create two Christmas cards a month.  Another fabulous excuse to be in the craft room!
So, those are my resolutions.  Do you have any this year and how are the resolutions going?

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a happy, crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:



8 comments:

  1. Hey, Kathy Jo, it is so funny to me that our resolutions for the year are so similar! I gave up Pepsi years ago. I didn't think I could do it, but survived. My resolutions this year are:
    1. De-clutter - started last year but need to step it up and finish the garage, two closets, and my studio. 2. Spend less money on crafting. I have resolved to use what I have on hand and not purchase any new papers, dies, etc. 3. Learn a least none new technique per month. I am taking a couple of classes so this one should be easy! I absolutely love your playing card idea! I may have join you one month. :D) This first one is absolutely stunning! Thanks for leaving this on our front porch this week at 613 avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Kathy Jo!! The texture is amazing!! I love the colors and the beautiful sentiment!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Life got so busy for me at the end of the year, I didn't have time to make resolutions!! But I do love yours!! I was able to kick my Diet Coke addiction a few years ago, though it was tough. I miss caffeine!! Have a great weekend my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Kathy Jo. Very creative and fun! Looks like you're well on your way with the resolutions. I too am definitely in declutter mode. I love January and February for this, before it's time to start thinking about the garden again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and I like the idea of making one a week. Look forward to seeing all 52 together at the end of the year.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card and all the layers! Excellent new year resolutions! This would make a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a colorful creation. Gorgeous texture and layers. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous altered playing card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful resolutions, I have been pondering getting rid of things but I had no plan. I may amend yours somewhat, so thank you. Your card (deck of 52) is beautifully textured art with other elements. Alas I still drink 2 diet Pepsi every day down from 4 so I may be on my way. Thank you so much for sharing this. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 217th- FF AG challenge! Our first challenge in 2016. Praying you will have a Blessed, Prosperous, Peaceful and Creative 2016, Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...