Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

"Love" Valentine's Day gift card holder- Scrapy Land Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today starts another fun challenge at Scrapy Land: Love.  The project must use a die from a brand that Scrapy Land sells...which is easy since they have over 40 brands of dies!  

For my project I decided to make a Love gift card holder.  The above photo shows the front of the holder.  A black and red glittery heart were cut from Spellbinders Lacey Hearts dies.  A gold sheer double bow was added for a sweetly romantic touch.  
The back of the holder was made using two dies.  After applying Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Fired Brick, Bard Door, Vintage Photo), I die cut a heart (Spellbinders Classic Hearts) in a scrap sheet of paper and used it as a stencil.  Next I applied Archival Ink in Jet black to Wendy Vecchi's Vintage Text stamp and stamped through the cut out.  
Elizabeth Craft Designs' newly released Love die was used with more red glitter paper.
The inside of the card holder was has a pocket to hold the gift card and enough blank space to write a loving message to a Valentine.

I do hope you enjoyed the gift card holder!  And I do hope that I get to see your Love project at Scrapy Land!

Have a happy crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors Kathy Jo. Very romantic! Love the way you used the die cut to make a stencil. Great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The black and red heart looks awesome, but using the negative part of a die cut for a stencil is even more impressive. Love that text stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Gorgeous rustically elegant card Kathy Jo!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy Jo! This is one of the prettiest - most unique - love stories I've seen! The back is tremendous - so gorgeous! I can feel the warm glow of love flowing from those amazing colors. And the front is equally amazing with the pretty fold design, and lovely, sparkly heart! I love everything about your creation! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant and stunning my friend!! I love how you used the die as a stencil!! The sparkly heart and love dies look amazing!! This is so absolutely gorgeous!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! The red and black heart looks amazing! Love that scripty love die too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design. Love that heart die and the beautiful bow. The back is so pretty with the beautiful die over all the sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea and the wonderful die cut really takes center stage! Beautiful and great vintage vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card and very clever on your part too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card holder and the beautiful fonts on the sentiment. Very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy Jo, Love these colors together. The design of the card is great and how it holds a gift card is wonderful. Stunning job inside and out. The gold with the red is so rich looking and love the adding of the black.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy Jo, this is just stunning! I love earth tones and you have utilized them brilliantly in this design. I love giving gift card and simply must CASE this to use for the GC I am sending to my sister Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your amazing talent week after week. Oh, yes, I almost forgot, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments.
    Hugz,
    Chana
    PS: BTW, wanted you to know that over the course of this past year and a half (since my diagnosis) I have thought of your kind offer to be here for me. You don't know how encouraging is was just thinking about you! I am doing well, so far, and the Doc. has decided that I can have my FU every six months now instead of every three months. August will be year two that I am Cancer free. Keep me in your prayers! Todah Rabah! (Thank You!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love this red paper, hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...