Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Zombie "I love you for your brains" watercolor birthday card

walking dead birthday valentine's day card
Hello Crafty Friends.

Today is my hubby's birthday and I made him a not-so-typical birthday card.  He and I both enjoy watching the Walking Dead together and the Brett Weldele set "Zombie Casanova" (by Stampers Anonymous) was a perfect stamp set for his card.  If you like the Walking Dead or zombie films, I definitely recommend this stamp set.  

The image and sentiments were stamped using black Archival Ink onto watercolor paper.  After drying I used my watercolor brush and Tim Holtz Distress markers to color the scene.  Numerous markers were used to create this zombie card: fossilized amber, broken china, evergreen bough, aged mahogany, vintage photo, fired brick, mowed lawn, antique linen, wild honey, peeled paint and walnut stain.  Note that the background is watercolored in entirety with blue sky...my camera just did not capture the light blue well.
walking dead birthday card valentine's day
Here is a closeup of the pants and shirt:
walking dead birthday valentine's day card
The hearts and the sentiment had clear crackle applied and then Distress Ink in Vintage Photo was applied over the crackle and along the edges (love applying ink over dried crackle!).
walking dead birthday valentine's day card
The inside is another zombie themed sentiment and more of the hearts:
walking dead birthday valentine's day card
When Greg opened the card, his eyes were huge and he said "This card is awesome!"  Yes!  Success!  :)
walking dead birthday valentine's day card
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I do hope you liked the zombie birthday card.
Have a happy crafty day!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Monday, I love this technique (inking over crackle)

4 comments:

  1. This is so fun!! I love the crackle!! What a perfect card for a zombie fan!! The sentiments are so awesome!! Happy birthday to your hubby!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! Fabulous coloring!! New follower! I found you on Cardmaking on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this stamp before. I love it! Thank you for sharing your card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I really enjoyed visiting your blog today. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love love love this care . My grandson has been a zombie for Halloween for the past 2 years and would get a kick out this stamp .Great job with the coloring

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...