Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

"I dwell in Possibility" Vintage style Hot Air Balloon card

Hello Crafters!

How has your crafty time been lately?  Admittedly, I have been ignoring the weeds in my gardens but tending to the new stamps I received from Quietfire. One of Quietfire's new stamp releases is "I dwell in Possibility"
I Dwell In Possibility - Mounted
As soon as I stamped it I knew I wanted to use the new Marion Smith paper (Junque Gypsy) and Spellbinders Up and Away die set.
I centered the balloon die on the paper, distressed it with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain inks, applied clear crackle and after drying added the Distress Inks again.
A banner was made using paper from the same pad and the sentiment added.  
I fussy cut flowers and butterflies from the paper and added Stickles.  All of this was mounted on black die cut paper (Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops).  
It may be difficult to tell in the photos but all the pearls added on the die cut were colored using markers in the same color as the background paper.
 
All of this was mounted on Kraft paper with Distress ink applied along the edges and then mounted on a tent fold black card.  Fun card to make with different textures and finishes!  Inky fingers were a welcome sight afterwards, too.  :)

I do hope you enjoyed the card and the new stamp!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Big Crafty Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. The three balloons are so lovely. The banner with the sentiment actually seems to want to flutter in the breeze. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 189th Challenge. We appreciate you very much.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! And I think you win the prize for the most pearls on one card this month!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I Love those beautiful papers!! The hot air balloon is awesome!! Love this, Kathy Jo!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage feel and details in your card, Kathy! BEAUTIFULLY done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so beautiful Kathy Jo! Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love all your details and the whole theme! Awesome! :) Many thanks for your lovely comments too! Hope you have a great Canada Day Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. I love the papers and the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...