Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

"Be Yourself" Graphic 45 and Quietfire corrugated card

Hello Crafty Friends!

On Friday night I planned on cleaning my craft room.  It was such a mess and I have so many projects on the go that I have zero work surfaces available.  For example, my Grand Calibur was sitting on the floor- as was I- and that was how I made my last project.  (But let's face it, wouldn't you rather craft than clean?)  Well, it ended up that I cleaned off my desk surface and was quickly distracted.  That "distraction" was this card. :)
The corrugated base was something I had started a while ago.  I had made a corrugated card with Ranger Ink's white Distress Crackle a couple of months ago.  I decided since I was crackling one base, I may as well do two. Next Graphic 45's paper from By The Sea was cut to size and distressed with my Zutter.  Ivory paper was die cut using Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs.  Brown twine was woven as shown below:
On the smallest die, Quietfire stamp "Be Yourself" was stamped using Graphic 45 ink.  The Quietfire stamp is from a larger set called "The Woods would be very silent":
The Woods Would be Very Silent - Set of 5 Stamps
Starfish were fussy cut from By the Sea and adhered.  Stickles was applied to each star.  Silver pearls were added for accent and the card was complete.  
Admittedly, this was the most fun I think I have ever had "cleaning my craft room".  

Well, I guess I actually have to go and clean my craft room now...or at least a small area of it to get "distracted" again.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a good day!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Loves Rubber Stamps, AG
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Sister Act, AG
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper, AG with patterned paper

5 comments:

  1. Well I can see why you would rather craft. Love it. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the pretty papers and the texture of this!! The details are just fabulous!! And I adore the starfish!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautful layers and distressing....wonderful color combinations too! Crafting over cleaning any day! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sentiment and so full of details, great to see you at Loves Rubberstamps this week hope to see you soon, Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so lovely. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...