Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Butterfly Wall Art using Graphic 45 and Quietfire Design

Hello All.

On Sunday I stopped in at our local Winners (TJ Maxx or Marshalls for my American Peeps) and saw a beat up photo frame marked 'AS IS' for $2.  I don't know what it was about the frame but I knew I wanted it.  Sunday night I went into my craft room and created this framed art.  I plan on keeping it in my room for inspiration.
First, I cleaned up the frame a little and applied white Distress Crackle Paint sporadically.  As that was drying I die cut the dress frame (Sizzix' die "Sewing Room") from hardboard and applied Crackle Paint.  Using the same die, I cut the pretty pink gingham paper from Graphic 45's Secret Garden.  
Feathers were adhered to the dress form.  Gold antique looking lace was layered on top and a rose antique button was adhered to the center of the lace.  I stamped Quiefire Design's Love Lives Here .  The dress form was mounted on gold butterfly wings (Sizzix' Layered Butterfly set).  The background paper is the first patterned paper I purchased from Graphic 45- Birdsong- and is still my favorite paper from them.

Next, I cut strips from more Graphic 45 Birdsong paper and adhered to the frame edge:
Quietfire Design has a great Art quote and it had to be used on the frame.  It was die cut using Spellbinders' Fancy Tags Two.  Gold embossing powder was applied on the edges:
The framed art was completed:
I am very happy with how my $2 frame inspired this project.  :)
Hope you liked seeing the project.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This project is entered into the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday, AG

613 Avenue Create, AG
Craft Hoarders Anonymous, Love
Die Cut Divas, Words, Sentiments

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Kathy Jo, this is stunning!! What a beautiful piece of art!! All of the details are fabulous!! Love the papers, the crackle, the gold textured wings...everything!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathy Jo this is a beautiful piece of art love the gold butterfly wings and the feathers on the dress form and the crackled stand just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Talk about upscaling!! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Good for you (you knew a winner when you saw it)! What a beautiful piece of art Kathy Jo! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at 613 Avenue Creates! We hope you’ll come join us again real soon! Great job!
    Darlene
    613 Avenue Create DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful art collage.

    So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful piece you have created! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH EM GEE! What a perfect perfect quote - and there is just so much beauty & texture I don't know where to start - I love it. The feathers are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful Kathy Jo! Love the feathered dress form and the dramatic gold wings! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those wings are amazing! I love this piece so much! What a wonderful home decor item! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...