Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Throwback card- Happy Birthday

Hello All!

Very interesting find for me!  It brought me back to a different time...

When I first started paper crafting I was not very active in it.  At the time I was more into making jewelry, gardening and playing ultimate.  Now, as you all can tell, paper crafting has replaced my jewelry making.  Since last January I have really been blogging, making more paper crafts and sharing my crafts on my blog.  Blogging requires organization which means my computer file folders are quite organized (which is the complete opposite of my craft room!).  Before actively blogging I would maybe take a photo of a card I made and would drop the photo into random file folders.  I came across one of those random folders and found the card shown above.  

I could not help but stare at it and think about how my paper crafting has evolved in a two years.  The thing I noticed right away is that there were no die cuts.  Zero.  This is the period in my crafting life that I refer to as B.D.- before dies.  I remember tracing a music CD onto the patterned paper and cutting it by hand!  The squares were the same technique although I do not remember what I used for the template.  

Funny how things change over time, huh?

Thanks for taking the time to share in the blast from my past!  I may share some others, too, in the near future.

Have a good day!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

4 comments:

  1. What a fun blast from the past!! You did an amazing job with the circle without using dies!! I cringe when I look back at some of my first cards!! Yours is beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. THUMP !!
    That was me falling off my chair at the thought of you without Spellbinders!
    My sister bought me my first Spellbinders, the two sizes of sets of Classic Ovals and the two sized sets of the Scalloped Ovals that matched. I think everything I did had an oval on it ! It's funny, because I almost never use them any more.
    I have to say that you have certainly come a long way in two years. I've been papercrafting for at least six years and I'm still quite capable of making cringe worthy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, whenever I want to feel better about myself I look back through the years of cards...and I think BOY have I ever gotten better at this! And five years from now I'll look back on this year's cards & think the same thing, I hope :) You've obviously had your fabulous eye for colour for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post...I can't show my 1st card..LOL. I am loving those flower, very Creative!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...