Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Quick Spirit of Christmas card



Have you ever found a challenge that you just had to do?  Card Maker magazine has a new challenge this week: 

“We’ve all been there. You forgot a birthday, anniversary or other occasion, and you need a quick card. When trying to make a last-minute card, my problem is always narrowing down what materials to use. So, follow this recipe to get it done quickly: 1 cardstock sheet, 1 patterned paper, 3 ribbons or washi tape, 1 sentiment and 1 button.”

This challenge really peaked my interest.  It was a challenge filled with sub challenges: last minute, limited materials, a card subject you usually forget or need a quick card and there was no mention of using dies- which is a challenge for me.  Immediately I thought of Christmas...again.  That's right, my New Year's Resolution of not making last minute Christmas cards will be met this year.

Ok.  The challenge was on.  I grabbed white card stock, scooped up one of my fave Quietfire Christmas sentiment stamps and rapidly grabbed a sheet of sei's Silicon Valley patterned paper.  If I was really rushed then I would need a sketch to follow...MOJO Monday!  
I cut, I stamped, I embossed, added a lace ribbon, made a double bow, glued on a button.  Voila!  Quick Christmas card.  Whew!  That was a good test.  It feels like there should have been a long beep following the completion of the card:

'This has been a test of the emergency card making system.  If this had been an actual Christmas card making emergency it would have been followed by frantic photos, the removal of glue stuck on fingers and tape stuck in hair.  This concludes this test of the emergency card making system.'
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a good day.
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
CardMaker, Last minute card
MOJO Monday, Sketch
Fantastic Tuesday, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Loves Rubber Stamps, AG
Crafty Sentiments, AG
Sweet Stamps, AG
CDD, AG
Crafts Galore Encore, AG
Sisters of Craft, AG
Crafting from the Heart, AG
613 Avenue Create, AG

18 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING, Kathy Jo. Your cards always make me smile, and I'm SO incredibly grateful to have you share your talents with us.
    Bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Your words are always so encouraging...they make my day!
      Congrats on being a semi finalist at Heartfelt Creations...I made sure to vote for you. :)
      Have a good day. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful and elegant card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is beautiful love the verse . Kathy Jo your posts always make me smile .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant and beautiful, Kathy Jo!! I love the pretty verse!! The bow with the heart center is gorgeous!! Stunning card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. really stunning
    thanks for playing withus at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sentiment, KathyJo! What a beautiful card. I was so happy to see you sharing on the Sweet Stamps blog. I adore your work! Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Craftin' Desert Divas!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kathy Jo!! Love the embossing!! Thank you for joining WAW challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and elegant card! Love the silver and white. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely wonderful...Perfect choice of colors and papers as well as the lay-out. Love it! We appreciate you joining us last week and would love for you to play along with us again this week at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with God's Word in Hebrews 12:2---"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still giggling over the test announcement!! When you're panicked & card making, you never fail to have adhesive emergencies ;) LOVE this soft & elegant beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, card , so stylish, thank you for joining us at SOC, good luck
    Caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. Ha ha on at the beep! I set a timer when I do my 15 minute wonders and it has a definitive "ding"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the elegance of this card!
    Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Make A Card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...