Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Kraft Embossed Christmas Card

Hello!

September 1st...Geez!  Where did the time go?  I guess the saying "Time flies when you are having fun" applies to this summer.  It has been a fun one!

Talking abut summer winding down, did you know there are only 114 days until Christmas?  Yes, I am still working on my Christmas card stash and I have to remind myself every so often about how much time is remaining until the big day.  :)

This time I made a card with a new embossing folder- Couture Creations Reindeer Silhouette.  Kraft paper was dry embossed and Distress Ink in Walnut Stain was applied.  Stickles was added to the stars.
Tim Holtz' All Good Wishes was stamped in white and heat embossed.
The edges of the embossed paper was distressed and ink applied.  It was mounted on white paper and then mounted on the largest die from Spellbinders' Branching Out set.  A white tent fold base was made as shown below.  The ribbon (so cute!) was the finishing touch.
Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday, AG
613 Avenue Create, AG
A Creative Romance, Kraft
Crafty Girls, AG
Crafting from the Heart, AG
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, AG

7 comments:

  1. Love it K-Jo! I really need to get at my Christmas cards! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Kathy Jo!! What a beautiful embossing folder!! Love the Spellbinders die you used...I don't have that one yet but now I want it!! The stickles on the stars is a fabulous touch!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is so pretty Kathy Jo. Your creativity is always so impressive and I can't possibly thank you enough for sharing your talents with us. Have a great week, and please join us again soon. I'm always SO grateful for the art you share.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Kathy Jo! gorgeous, I luv the look on kraft..wow, amazing card! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Crafting from the heart! We hope to see you next challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such perfect inking - and I love those edges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...