Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Monarch Butterfly wall hanging

Hello All!

Today I am sharing a wall hanging that I made for my craft room.  I wanted something bright, bold and colorful to hang on the white storage unit in the room.  The wall hanging pops against the white!

The wall hanging is entered into the Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge this fortnight: embossing.  My hoarded item for this project is my sweet Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper from Graphic 45.  Ugh...I wish I had two pads of this paper!
The butterfly was embossed and die cut using Sizzix's new butterfly set Layered Butterfly (659578).  Tim Holtz stain in Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw and Black Soot was applied.  It was spritzed using gold glitter spray.
A wood frame (from Michaels) was colored using Tim Holtz stain (Tarnished Brass), dried, and then white crackle applied.  The cracks are difficult to see in the photos but are shiny brass.
The base was die cut using two of the circles from Spellbinders Grand set: Stately Circles.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my wall hanging.  I hope you like it!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This project is entered into the following challenges:
Craft Hoarders Anonymous, Embossing
613 Avenue Create, AG
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, Embossing
Pile It On, Embossing
Sisterhood of Crafters, Die Cuts or Punches
Scrapping for Fun, AG

19 comments:

  1. Truly stunning! Love all the lacey edgings and the butterfly is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wall hanging, love the vibrant butterfly and the framing too. So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you made a great Hanger! Fabulous colors you choose. Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapping4Fun Challenge!
    Sandra DT
    http://bastelmami-sandra.blogspot.de/2014/07/scrapping4fun-challenge-22-ag.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, this is stunning!! What a gorgeous wall hanging!! I just purchased that layered butterfly and I'm so glad I did!! I adore butterflies and yours is amazing!! Absolutely fabulous, Kathy Jo!! Love, love it!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is gorgeous! Love your wall hanging and the colors are great! Lovely butterfly.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my stars! This is just gorgeous Kathy Jo! What a fabulous idea! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Gorgeous & Stunning!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot love this more! AMAZING details - love the inking & all those fabulous die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous. Love the vibrant colors of the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this is amazing! I love this. The colors are breathtaking. My twins love butterflies. I definitely have to show them this. STUNNING!

    Thanks for playing along with our "Die & Punches" challenge and sharing your creations with us over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply gorgeous! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Love the butterfly! How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once again, you hit it out of the park! I think I need all of the dies you used! This is stunning. Just wow! You rock! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! This is scrumptious! You have such a great eye for color and design! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This will def make a conversational piece in your craft room. Your choice of dies and paper is brilliant. Thank you for joining scrapping4fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply GORGEOUS, Kathy Jo. I am amazed at your creativity. I love the colors and that bold butterfly. It's always a treat to visit your blog. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! This is amazing! I so need to make more art to hang... Thanks for the boost!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...