Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Birds on a Wire "Sing" card

Happy Sunday All!

How is your weekend going?  We are having the most amazing weather here in Nova Scotia.  Clear skies until Thursday which is perfect for the long holiday weekend.  Yesterday I spent the whole day outside working on gardens and the yard.  Felt great to work outside and I made sure to not wear headphones because I wanted to enjoy every sound and note that the vibrant summer day had to offer.  Today will be much of the same...after I finish this post.  :)

Last week I started to work on a card for the Kraft Journal's color challenge.  For three nights I was in my craft room trying to get this card to work but something always seemed off.  I wasted several sheets of paper trying to get my matting correct.  Come to find out it is my cutter- it is bowed out in one area so my cuts are wonky.  I am not sure when the bow happened because I usually use my Spellbinders Matting Basics dies (the dies were too small for this card).  At least now I know the problem...and it is not me!  Whew!  I felt like I was losing my mind with my matting.  

Please pardon that vent!  Had to get that out.  Onto the card...
The tent fold base was made using Kraft card stock.  The patterned paper is from Graphic 45: yellow (Secret Garden) and dark pink (Bohemian Bazaar).  Dies used are all from Spellbinders: Birds on a Wire, Classic Squares and Captivating Squares.  On the bottom portion of the card I dry embossed Kraft paper using Sizzix' notes embossing folder and then applied Tim Holtz' Picket Fence Stain on the raised areas.
The inside is more happy yellow paper from Secret Garden.  Quietfire's The Woods Would be Very Silent stamp set  was stamped in Versafine's Vintage Sepia.  The quote says "Sing as if no one is listening".  The little chickadee looks super cute in the corner (that has to be one of my favorite stamps!).

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a good Sunday!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Kraft Journal, Color
Craft your passions, Bold and Beautiful
Word Art Wednesday, AG
613 Avenue Create, AG
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned paper, June AG
Creative Fingers, AG
Sisters of Craft, AG
TTCRD, AG
DL Art June Linky, AG
Sister Act, AG
Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday AG
Party Time Tuesdays, AG

9 comments:

  1. thankyou for entering the sisters of craft blog challenge. love it. michelle dt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Adore the little birds..very SWEET!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love the birds on the wire!! The music embossing is fabulous!! Love this!!

    I have yet to find a cutter that cuts straight. It's so frustrating...I even bought a more expensive one hoping that would help but it hasn't. The cuts are always a little wonky. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when the cutter bows. I like very much working outside and listening to the breeze and birds. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Many Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kathy Jo! Glad your enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! I've never knew the paper cutters could bow. Glad you stuck with it this card is just beautiful! Thank you for joining us this week over at the Kraft Journal.
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Inside and out!! Such a lovely design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the color combo. Thanks for dropping this by at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...