Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Challkboard Birthday card

Hello Crafters!

Just a quick post to share a card I made for the current challenge at JustRite: Chalkboard Birthday.
The base was made from chalkboard paper die cut using Spellbinders' Reflective Moment.  I think this may perhaps be my favorite new Spellbinders set...just can't get enough of that large die!  The background was made using JustRite's Diamond Filigree Background Stamp.  Next is white paper die cut with Spellbinders' Mystical Embrace.  Finally, the sentiment (from JustRite set Birthday Vintage Labels Four) was stamped on chalkboard paper die cut with Opulent Ovals.  Added black lace, ribbon, a bow, bling and a button then...voila!  The card is complete.

That was it.  Told you it was a quick post.  :)

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs!
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:


JustRite, Chalkboard Birthday
Word Art Wednesday, AG
613 Avenue Create, AG- using the optional twist: sentiment, shaped, embossing powder, bling, lace
Jo's Scrap Shack, Shaped Card
DL Art, AG

43 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning!! I love the dies you used!! Just added them to my must-have list!! The chalkboard effect looks amazing!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kathy Jo! So Elegant! I just love that die, it's on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZER!!!!!! I love it. this is so elegant and beautiful I love the design and colors
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. I so love the colors you have used. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving some love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is jus STUNNING! I love your subtle way of bringing in the muted blue. It's absolutely delightful. Thanks for sharing with us, and may God bless your week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is more than beautiful! Thank you so much for taking the time to join us at Word Art Wednesday and participate in our challenge. We love having you there to showcase your lovely artwork. Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a wrought iron trivet. Thank you for taking time to share with us last week at Word Art Wednesday. Many Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER FABULOUS !! That stamp set is perfect for the chalkboard look and, as always, your use of Spellbinders leaves me in awe! Those colours are so awesome together. This one is really special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, thanks for enabling me -- I totally need that die now!! This is one STUNNING card - Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping by to stalk your beautiful creations, Kathy Jo! Love...LOVE this chalkboard technique on your birthday card. I don't think I've ever seen such a feminine design using that method...the lacy die is wonderful. Your work is always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! This is FABULOUS!!! I think this is one of my favorite cards!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous & elegant! I LOVE that button (with all the buttons I have, I still get major button envy, lol!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...