Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Have a Lovely Day" Chalkboard card

A2 Matting Basics, birthday vintage labels, card, chalkboard, Cheery Lynn, floral ovals, French Pastry, ideas, Just Rite, JustRite, labels thirty one, lifetstyle crafts, Spellbinders, to make,
Happy Sunday All!

Just a quick post to share my first chalkboard card.  :)

The My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio paper pads were on my wish list for a while and I finally picked all three of them up at Winner's recently!  What a great find!  The papers are so cute and are great for girl or guy cards.
The happy sentiment is from JustRite's Birthday Vintage Labels Four stamp set.  The chalkboard paper was cut using Spellbinders Labels Thirty One and under the label is a piece of vellum die cut from Spellbinders Floral Ovals.  The sweet doily is Cheery Lynn's French Pastry.  The pink banner was embossed using a Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder.
The card has the MME paper on all four sides and it looks great.  (I really need to get in the habit of applying paper, or die cuts or embellishments on on four sides).  The inside is another die cut from Spellbinders Thirty One and stamped swirls from the JR birthday set.  All background paper was die cut using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.

Before I go, I would like to give a huge kudos to Spellbinders for their matting dies.  When I first saw the matting sets I wondered why I would buy a set of matting dies when I can just cut rectangular paper easily on a cutter.  Eventually, I ended up getting a set to try out and I am now using it all of the time.  My matting paper is always cut perfectly, no measuring, no mistakes and it cut down on my cutting time.  Fabulous idea, Spellbinders!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  "Have a Lovely Day"!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love those colors and that Chevron paper. I have some chalkboard stuff I still need to use. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love to stop by and see what BEAUTIFUL cards you make!!!!
    The background paper is GORGEOUS!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card!! I absolutely love, love those colors together!! I've been working on my first chalkboard card, too!! And I use my Spellbinders layering dies all the time...I only have the smaller sets, but I definitely need the larger ones!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! I love the color scheme you used and pretty much everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the soft color scheme on this gem! Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gorgeousness! What a find (plots a way to get to winners soon...) & you've totally showed them off to perfection! Love the roses & this awesome layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A "Have a Lovely Day Chalkboard Card" is likely a handmade card with a design that emulates a chalkboard.
    5 Best Games It would typically include a message like "Have a Lovely Day" written in a style reminiscent of chalk writing on a blackboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...