Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Distressed card

card, distress, floral ovals, ideas, ink, Just Rite, JustRite, ovals, Spellbinders, stain, tags trio, to make,
Hello Crafteteers!

The weekend is just around the corner...yay!  I hope all of you are able to play in your crafty area this weekend.  

Last weekend I played around with some of my Tim Holtz inks and Spellbinders dies.  I also used some stamps that I purchased a while ago but never used until now.  One of the die cut images I decided to use on a card.  

The image also had glitter mist applied.  Doesn't not show up too well in the zoom but it is there...shimmery and pretty.  Don't you just enjoy using the shimmer mists?
The stamp "Give Flight to Your Dreams" is from JustRite's Botanical Butterflies.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend and stay crafty!  :)
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Sister Act card Challenge, AG
2 Creative Chicks, AG

Supplies used: JustRite (Botanical Butterflies stamp set), Hands (unknown stamp set from Michaels $1.50 bin), Spellbinders dies (Ovals, Tags Trio, Floral Ovals), Tim Holtz ink and stains, unknown embossing folder, Kraft paper

9 comments:

  1. That piece of embossed cardstock adds some lovely dimension. I do like glimmer mists, what is your favorite brand? Thank you for posting this outstanding project with us. Remember you can enter 5 pieces of art each week which gives you five chances to win one of our very sweet prizes.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson,
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ! I especially like how you have that gold embossed piece in there, and i love the green (favourite colour!). I love shimmer, glimmer and everything shiny!! Have you tried Wink of Stella yet ? I kept seeing everyone using it online and thought it couldn't be all THAT, but it IS !!
    Bet Ella is loving this weather. River loves the snow, but we had to shovel the yard for Danny as the snow was over his head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors!! I love using glimmer mists - when the bottles don't clog, as mine often do :) Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card love the image and die-frame love the B.paper and colours -i love glimmer mists but all my practically full bottles have stopped working!!!-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Kathy Jo. Just stunning, and I thank you SO VERY MUCH for sharing your talent with us. I am so grateful to have you join us.
    God bless you for sharing!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colours! Perfectly blended too (gotta love mists for that!) - I think I have this stamp or one close to it, found it the other day looking for something else :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out really well w:the mists!! :))
    Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so moving! Love the way you did your BG and the BG for the image too! Stunning colors with a great message!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...