Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wreath Christmas Card


Happy Sunday!

It is looking like another great day here in Nova Scotia- not a cloud in the sky.  I just love August weather! 

My new Spellbinder die, Build A Wreath, arrived earlier this week and I finished my first wreath card this morning.  I wanted to show off the wreath so I kept the card simple and made the wreath using ivory glimmer card stock.  The wood paper background (from MME Dilly Dally) really makes the wreath pop and gives it the home-y feel.  Gold ink was applied around the perimeter of the woodgrain base for some extra holiday glimmer.  The sentiment was stamped in VersaFine's Satin Red and clear embossed.  Too wee pearls were added on either side of the sentiment.

Product used:

  • Spelbinders Die/emboss set, Build a Wreath S5-184
  • Wood paper- MME Dilly Dally
  • Ivory card- Recollections
  • Sentiment- picked up second hand and it was in a ziplock bag so unsure of manufacturer
  • VersaFine Satin Red ink and clear embossing powder
  • Satin ribbon and pearls
Thanks for stopping by and have a super Sunday!

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Cuttlebugmania, Embossing- Spellbinder die
Shopping our Stash, woodgrain- Dilly Dally paper

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card, great die,, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely simple Christmas card - very classy. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is this!! Awesome job Kathy Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, Kathy Jo!! That die is on my wish list and now that I've seen this, it's a must have!! What a gorgeous card!! I love the faux wood paper, too!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. OM Gosh, this is BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous Xmas card!! Love it!

    Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs&Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, finished perfectly with that gorgeous bow. Thanks for sharing it with us at Divas this week, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that barnwood paper and your gorgeous wreath. Fantastic! Thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice,especially on that MME paper, which shows it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is stunning.
    As much as I don't want to even think of Christmas, because that means winter and cold. I love this card.
    I really like the pop of white against the dark woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.This is beautiful. Love the bold red bow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, yesterday was gorgeous! We're going to PEI and the weather isn't predicted to be as nice...booo. I am loving this wreath - having it in white? SO striking! And it really pops on the woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely holiday card! plus a super-fun use of woodgrain, too! thanks for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I love the woodgrain background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the way the white pops against the cool wood background you used :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh!! That paper is perfect for our challenge at Shopping Our Stash this week!! I love this card! Your wreath looks amazing! Thanks for joining us this week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...