Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bird Birthday Card


Happy Saturday!

It has been a few days since my last post.  In that time I have made four birthday cards and finishing up a fifth today.  A busy birthday card making week!

The first card made was for my friend Janice.  Her and I frequent crafty stores together so I decided to use paper we had both purchased on one of our shopping trips: sei Field Notes.  I also wanted to go with a bright, summery theme so the paper was a perfect fit. The bird image was taken from the paper and used as the main focus of the card front.  Yellow card stock paper was cut using Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle.  Vellum paper was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  I tied green twine around the front and added a Recollections flower embellishment.


The inside also contains the embossed vellum.  The sentiments "Friends fill you heart with joy, your soul with sunshine, and your heart with love" (TPC Studio set Card Crafting Hello) and "Birthday Wishes" (JustRite).


Thanks for stopping by and have a great Saturday!

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Allsorts, Feathers
Seize the Birthday, AG
TTCRD, AG
Shopping our Stash, Anything Summer

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I'm in Minnesota right now and enjoying SO many gorgeous birds including Blue Jays, Cardinals, Red Winged Black Birds, etc. and realizing all the things I miss by living in the desert. THis is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kathy Jo, Janice must have loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful image!! The embossing is fabulous - it adds such great texture!! And the Spellbinders shape is so awesome!! I know your friend loved this!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love cards with vellum and this is even more beautiful with the embossing. I've never seen that Field Notes paper before and I just adore that image. I bet your friend was thrilled with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty and elegant. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD, and best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely card and thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful! pretty image and I just love the embossing and die cut!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how lovely with a real vintage feel to it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...