Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Retro "You're My Favorite Thing" card

Ah, retro.  It takes you back to grandma's kitchen, your great aunt's get togethers, Mad Men...

Retro cards are so enjoyable to make, give and receive. Here is one that I enjoyed making. It took a little bit of time to figure out the layout and how to make it look retro but I am happy with the final results.

Two stamps were used: Hero Arts Teatime Silhouette (F5408) and Michael's stamp "You're My Favorite Thing". Standard white card stock was used for the card, as was shimmery bluish green paper, gold paper, black cardstock (behind the silhouette) and DCWV's Mariposa on the front. The gold paper was embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots. Black rick rack (too fun!) was applied to add even more retro feel. Black gems in three sizes were angled towards the stamp for focus.  For a bit of sass, I placed a metal gold pin as the "i" dot in favorite.

Enjoy the card...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...