Autumn is here and to share the spirit and beauty of the season, I created an Autumn card using the gorgeous Autumn die from Suzanne Cannon's 4 Seasons die set. The card captures the beautiful colors of fall and is fun to make. Kids would love to create this card with you! So grab a cup of tea, sit back and enjoy the instructions...
- Create 5.5" x 5.5" top folding card from Kraft card stock. Cut 5.25" square from Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock, apply Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink along edges and mount to card using double-sided adhesive tape.
- Grab a leaf from a tree that fills your card front well. (I used an oak leaf.) Randomly apply fall color Memento inks to leaf starting with lightest color, then the darker colors. (Tip: Working from light to dark keeps the lighter ink pads clean. Inks used are named in the supply list.)
- Place leaf face down onto White Soft Finish Cardstock and use a brayer to flatten it and print the impression. (Hold the leave in place so it won't slip and blur the impression.)
- Cut the leaf-printed cardstock down to 4.75" x 4.75". Mount on 4 7/8" square gold card stock using double-sided adhesive tape. Mount onto card base with double-sided adhesive tape.
- Die cut Autumn from Brick Red cardstock and also from a piece of white craft foam sheet. Apply Rhubarb Stalk ink to the edges of the Brick Red Autumn die cut.
- Mount both die cuts onto card front using glue. It looks best when the Brick Red is slightly offset over the white foam as shown in the close-up below.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
Other products used:
- Memento inks in Rhubarb Stalk, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, Tangelo
- White craft foam (~1/8" thick)
- Kraft brown cardstock, gold cardstock
- 3M Liquid Adhesive
Have a happy, crafty day.